Nigerian professional footballer and Chelsea FC skipper, Victor Moses has been voted the 2017 Most Influential Young Nigerian in one of the most credible and respected annual ranking polls organised by international reputed rating establishment, Avance Media.
Victor Moses who takes over from Actress Funke Akindele, [the 2016 Most Influential Young Nigerian] plays as a winger for Premier League club Chelsea and the Nigeria national team. He has gained over 20 caps for Nigeria since his debut in 2012 and has played in their winning campaign at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, as well as the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He has played for West Ham United, Stoke City, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Wigan Athletic and still plays for Chelsea.
The poll which drew public participation from over 90 countries also voted Motivational Speaker, John Obidi, Templars Law Associate, Kenneth Okwor, Founder of Ambassadors of Africa, Prince Louis Omolayo Adekola and Arsenal Skipper, Alex Iwobi among the top 5 most influential young Nigerians respectively.
Co-Founder of She Leads Africa, Yasmin Belo-Osagie was also voted as the Most Influential Young Nigerian Woman.
Prince Akpah, MD of Avance Media says he hopes the annual polls will inspire young people to create a positive environment that will encourage other Nigerian youths to excel in their various endeavours.
See winners in the various categories below:
- Business – Adebola Williams, Red Media Africa
- Entertainment – Frank Edwards, Musician
- Law & Governance – Kenneth Okwor, Lawyer
- Leadership & Civil Society – Victoria Ibiwoye, One African Child
- Lifestyle – Bayo Omoboriowo, Photographer
- Media – Toke Makinwa, OAP
- Personal Development & Academia – John Obidi, Speaker
- Science & Technology – Eyo Bassey, Payporte
- Social Enterprise & Philanthropy – Yasmin Belo-Osagie, She Leads Africa
- Sports – Victor Moses, Chelsea FC
Below is the Official 2017 Ranking of Avance Media’s 50 Most Influential Young Nigerians
The 100 Most Influential Young Nigerians ranking is proudly organised by Avance Media in partnership with Goal.com, My Naija Naira, ReputationPoll.com, Abjel Communications, WatsUp TV, TANOEBusiness.com, The YCEO, Dream Ambassadors Foundation GH, CliqAfrica and CELBMD Africa.
For More information kindly visit ng.avancemedia.org or contact, [email protected] and 0242307379.
Source: Avance Media